Termite Exterminating Services for Emerald Isle, North Carolina
Eastern Subterranean Termites are a big problem in Emerald Isle, North Carolina due to the warm and humid climate of the area. These termites are attracted to moist soil and wood, making them a major pest in homes and other structures in the area. They can quickly cause a lot of costly damage to a structure, and can be difficult to get rid of, making them a major problem in the Emerald Isle region.
What are Eastern Subterranean Termites?
Eastern subterranean termites are the most common type of termite found in the United States. They live in large colonies underground and feed on wood, paper, and other cellulose-based materials. They can cause serious damage to structures if left untreated.
Signs of an Infestation
There are several signs that could indicate an infestation of Eastern subterranean termites. These include:
- Mud tunnels along the foundation or exterior walls of your home
- Discarded wings from swarmers near window sills or doors
- Discolored or damaged wood
- Cracked or bubbling paint on walls or other surfaces
Termite Exterminating Services in Emerald Isle, North Carolina
If you suspect you have an infestation of Eastern subterranean termites in your Emerald Isle, North Carolina home, it is important to contact a professional exterminator right away. At Orkin, we have the experience, resources, and expertise to quickly and effectively eliminate termites from your home. Our technicians are trained to identify the type of termite and apply the most appropriate treatment. Our treatments are safe and effective, and we guarantee our results.
Preventing Future Infestations
Once the termites have been eliminated, it is important to take steps to prevent future infestations. Our technicians can provide recommendations on how to make your home less attractive to termites. This may include sealing cracks and crevices in your foundation, removing sources of moisture, and keeping mulch and other organic material away from your home’s foundation.
Contact Us Today
If you have any questions about Eastern subterranean termites and termite exterminating services in Emerald Isle, North Carolina, please contact D & D Pest Control Co. today. We will be happy to provide more information and provide a termite inspection and estimate.
Termidor Termite Control Treatment
- In the United States, termites do 5 billion dollars in damages each year. more than floods, fires, and tornadoes combined.
- Eastern Subterranean termites, the most common type of termite, lives in the soil around Emerald Isle, North Carolina.
- Each colony is built around a king and queen, whose sole job is to reproduce.
- Most of the colony is made up of worker termites that look like white ants.
- Worker termites eat 24 hours a day 7 days a week, destroying your home or business from inside the wood.
- Every home and business will be a target.
- Without a termidor termite control treatment, your home or business could be at risk.
- The average termite queen can lay an egg every 15 seconds and can live from 25 to 50 years.
- Moisture under your home or business is conducive to a termite infestation – Control the moisture and you help protect it from termites, mold, and wood decay damage.
- To make matters worse, there may be multiple colonies threatening your building at a time.
- At D & D Pest Control Co., we offer the most effective treatment to protect your home – “Termidor“